Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

pleased and thank you


so it's lent and i gave up buying myself stuff
i've done well and it isn't easy.
i've also cheated a couple (few, several) times 
but overall i have cut back on stoop purchases which is my purpose

naturally. sephora would send a 15% off coupon this time,
and after talking it over with God, 
we decided it would be ok to make one purchase

i went to the jcpenney sephora with a nars "the multiple" in mind
and decided against it for a multiple of reasons, lol,
- i have a bunch of free sample highlighters already
- i am prone to breakouts at least monthly 
and highlighting them is not something i want to do
- $39
- the testers were really smudged and nasty; 
two of them out of eight or ten were not even available for testing 
- upon testing, my face did not look like kate bosworth's and she swears by these

instead i meandered to the josie maran shelves and took a gander,

background info:
i am into the color of benetint, it suits me,
but putting benetint on my lips does nothing really,
and the benetint balm (apparently discontinued)
 is almost perfect, albeit too sheer

this lip color by josie maran in boundless berry is perfect.
repeat, perfect.
it is everything i know benetint could be.
i am very pleased.
wore it all day at work two days in a row 
and upon exiting my room to check patients out at the front desk
and to check myself out in the full length mirror directly outside my room
i was happy to see it had stayed put and did not need hourly reapplications,
plus i did dab a little from my lips to my cheeks 
and it creates a natural, dewy, flushed look - very kate bosworthy

there other colors and i am interested in the "always cherry"
i will be purchasing after easter as a late birthday present for myself.

i did a good job not buying both with the 15% off coupon because it was lent!
i held back and only let myself buy one although i could have easily purchased both.

-- yes i have been taking prenatal vitamins because they were on sale! --

No comments:

Post a Comment