Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

foundation highlights


big news: i got highlights.
they look really good,
 they are only little face-framers.
told my mom i should've done it a long time ago
instead of resorting to cutting myself bangs and stuff
when i was feeling like i needed a change.

quick review of these two foundations.
i use foundation, not to cake or hide freckles, etc..
i love my freckles and even some of my sun spots are fine for now
i use to to even skin tone and add some moisture to my face
i also find i am less likely to touch my face if i do my makeup 
which is a good thing.

DIOR - approx $40 and slightly too yellow in color for me.
it is a heavier coverage which i was learning to adjust to 
simply because it was DIOR
stupid.
yes, i am a lover of packaging 
but i ended up decanting into a smaller little plastic pot 
because the original glass packaging 
was too cumbersome in the makeup bag.
i think this kind of makeup is for grannies? people who like to cake it on?
whatever the case, will not be buying again.

COVERGIRL - it's easy breezy & beautiful
my shade literally disappears on my skin
basically see through yet dewy and youthful
keeping bobbi brown teenage beauty mantra in my head:
only apply where you need it, not all over.
simple.
it's only $9 and it rocks.

i do want to try bourjois healthy mix foundation
because lisa eldridge likes it a lot
(she calls it "dewy" which is my favorite term when talking makeup)
and it is made in the same factory as all the chanel foundations
perhaps after lent? perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment